You can grant a child's holiday wish.
Call (614) 275-2525 or click here to donate online.
Holiday Wish allows youth under the care of Franklin County Children Services to request a special toy or gift. Each year, the central Ohio community provides gifts for more than 6,000 children who may have experienced abuse, neglect or other difficult home conditions. In some cases, these are the only gifts that these children will receive all year. You can help make the holidays special.
Here is how Holiday Wish works:
- Each child age 11 and younger selects toys or other gifts valued at $50.
- Each youth age 12 and older receives a $60 gift card to Target or Walmart.
- Donations of any dollar amount are accepted to help purchase gift cards and food certificates for families. Donations may be tax deductible.
- Donors may sponsor one or more children. They will receive each child's wish list, shop for the toys, wrap each gift separately, and deliver them to Holiday Wish.
- Individuals and groups may also contribute new, unwrapped toys and gifts of their choice and drop them off at Holiday Wish.
Holiday Wish is located near I-70 in the Children Services' building at 855 West Mound Street, Columbus, OH 43223. Click here for directions.
Help make a child's wish come true this year by:
- Clicking here to donate online or you can write a check payable to the Franklin County Children Services Children's Fund and send it to Holiday Wish at 855 West Mound Street, Columbus, OH 43223.
- Contacting Holiday Wish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 275-2525 to sponsor a child or learn more about the program
- Making a purchase from the Holiday Wish or Black Girl Magic wish lists on Amazon.com (search email: email@example.com) (Click here for a tutorial.)
- Contacting Holiday Wish to volunteer your time
Our Holiday Wish office at 855 W. Mound Street will be open to receive donations as follows:
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday December 6 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, December 9 and 16 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sundays, December 10 and 17 from 12 to 3 p.m.
Holiday Wish will be closed from November 23 through 25. Donations that fulfill wish lists should be turned in prior to December 10. Additional toy donations will be accepted through December 22 at 5 p.m.
Click below to watch a Holiday Wish video.
- 2017 Holiday Wish Flyer
- Holiday Wish Popular Toy Donations
- Directions to Holiday Wish
- 2017 Holiday Wish Media Release
Agency representatives are available to speak about Holiday Wish at a meeting or your civic group or organization. Click here to request a speaker.
For more information about Holiday Wish, contact the volunteer department at (614) 275-2690.