Office of Client Rights
What does the Office of Client Rights do?
The Office of Client Rights (Office) serves constituents of Franklin County Children Services and the public in answering questions, responding to complaints and/or concerns and facilitating appropriate resolution in a prompt, professional and fair manner.
The Office Goals are:
- To ensure clients and stakeholders are aware of the Office of Client Rights and how to report complaints
- To provide a complaint handling service for clients and stakeholders that is accessible, responsive and consistent
- To ensure sound decisions and appropriate resolutions for clients and stakeholders complaints
How do I contact the Office?
The Office of Client Rights is available Monday through Friday 8:00 .a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Contact them as follows:
- 614-275-2621 (Office)
- 614-275-2755 (Fax)
- CRO@fccs.us (Email)
How do I file an Appeal and/or Grievance?
Those entitled to access the formal grievance process includes parents, custodians, legal guardians, foster caregivers, kinship caretakers, applicants or providers of approved adult-supervised living arrangements, and children who have interacted with the agency for any purpose related to the agency’s function. Grievances may be filed no later than 30 calendar days after the event or learning of the event.
Those entitled to access the formal appeal process includes the individual who the agency has found to be a substantiated or indicated perpetrator of abuse and/or neglect after an investigation has concluded. Appeals may be filed no later than 30 calendar days following mailing of said finding.
What are my rights?
The Consumer Rights and Information Booklet is available in your preferred language. Other languages are available upon request.
- Download Consumer Rights and Info (Arabic)
- Download Consumer Rights and Info (English)
- Download Consumer Rights and Info (Nepali)
- Download Consumer Rights and Info (Somali)
- Download Consumer Rights and Info (Spanish)
What if I feel as though I have been Discriminated against?
A person who is a constituent of Franklin County Children Services (except agency employees for the purpose of this Office of Client Rights webpage) who believes that he/she, or any specific class of persons, has been subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex or religion may file a written complaint with the agency outlining the alleged discriminatory act(s).
Discrimination Complaints may be filed with the Office of Client Rights using the information above or with the Bureau of Civil Rights by contating them:
- Online: Bureau of Civil Rights Online Complaints
- By mail or in person at: 30 E. Broad Street, 30th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215-3414
- By phone or fax: 614-644-2703 or 1-866-227-6353, 614-752-6381 (Fax)