Featured Tip - Never Leave a Child Alone in a Car
A car can be an extremely dangerous place for a child who has been left alone, even if only for a few minutes.
Did You Know:
- Each year hundreds of children are hospitalized or even killed after accidentally setting a car in motion.
- Tired and stressed parents can overlook a sleeping baby or toddler when leaving a car.
- On average, 38 children die in hot cars each year from heat-related injuries.
- Other vehicle-related dangers include: incidents involving power windows, seat belt strangulation, falls, kidnapping during car theft and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Keep Kids Safe!
- Be sure to look before you lock! Keep a stuffed animal in your child’s car seat. Place it on the front seat as a reminder when your child is in the back seat.
- Check your vehicle to see if it can be shifted into gear without your foot on the brake.
- Keep your car locked so that children can’t get in it alone.
For more FCCS parenting tips, click on the links below:
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent?
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent? [Spanish]
- Are you a Stressed Out Parent [Somali]
- Choose Your Partner Carefully
- Easy Ways to Eat Right
- Father Knows Best
- Father Knows Best [Spanish]
- Father Knows Best [Somali]
- Home Alone
- Home Alone [Spanish]
- Home Alone [Somali]
- How to Develop a Positive Body Image
- Kids & Technology: Staying Safe
- Parenting Teens
- Safe Sleep
- Safe Sleep [Spanish]
- Safe Sleep Environment
- Safe Sleep Environment [Spanish]
- Survival Tips for Parents of a New Baby
- Sweet Dreams ... Keeping Sleeping Babies Safe
For additional parenting tips, click on the links below:
- National Institute of Health - Safe Sleep Video
- The ABCs of Safe Infant Sleep Video
- Top 10 Tips for Healthier, Safer Children
- Choose Your Partner Carefully Public Service Announcement
Tips from Ted D. Bear
FCCS's mascot Ted D. Bear speaks directly to kids, providing advice about issues they may face at home, school and in the community. Check out these tips:
- Child Abuse is Unbearable Coloring Book
- Ted D Bear Activity Sheet
- How to Get Help in an Emergency
- How to be Street Smart
- Stay Safe this Summer