Featured Tip - Keeping Kids Safe Online
Follow these guidelines to ensure kids stay safe while using online devices:
- Get your parent’s permission before posting personal photos online.
- Only use a screen name and don’t share passwords with anyone (except parents).
- Never agree to meet with someone you’ve met online without your parent’s permission.
- Never respond to a threatening post, message or text. Instead, tell a parent about it.
- Talk to a parent or trusted adult about anything that makes you feel
- Don’t just talk, listen. Talk about what they do and who they interact with online.
- Know the sites and apps. that your kids use, as well as their passwords. Go online together to learn your kids’ interests.
- Set rules for internet use and stick to them. Limit screen time and let kids know what content and behavior is/isn’t appropriate.
For more FCCS parenting tips, click on the links below:
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent?
- Are You A Stressed Out Parent? [Spanish]
- Are You a Stressed Parent? [Somali]
- Choose Your Partner Carefully
- Choose Your Partner Carefully (City of Columbus)
- Easy Ways to Eat Right
- Father Knows Best
- Father Knows Best [Spanish]
- Father Knows Best [Somali]
- Home Alone [Spanish]
- Home Alone [Somali]
- How to Develop a Positive Body Image
- Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Leaving a Child At Home Alone
- Never Leave a Child Alone in a Car
- Parenting Teens
- Safe Sleep
- Safe Sleep [Somali}
- Safe Sleep [Spanish]
- Safe Sleep Environment
- Safe Sleep Environment [Spanish]
- Survival Tips for Parents of a New Baby
- Sweet Dreams ... Keeping Sleeping Babies Safe
For additional parenting tips, click on the links below:
- National Institute of Health - Safe Sleep Video
- The ABCs of Safe Infant Sleep Video
- Top 10 Tips for Healthier, Safer Children
- Choose Your Partner Carefully Public Service Announcement
Tips from Ted D. Bear
FCCS's mascot Ted D. Bear speaks directly to kids, providing advice about issues they may face at home, school and in the community. Check out these tips:
- Child Abuse is Unbearable Coloring Book
- Ted D Bear Activity Sheet
- How to Get Help in an Emergency
- How to be Street Smart
- Stay Safe this Summer