A Guide to Kinship Care
Kinship Care refers to cases where a relative or non-relative has taken over the full-time care, nurturing and protection of a child. FCCS has created a guide which lists helpful information, frequently asked questions and other resources for kinship caregivers.
Need help? Check out our list of resources available in your community. You can also view and print our 2015 Resource Guide.
Learn about the resources available to families in their own neighborhoods through the FCCS's Family-to-Family program:
Volunteers and Mentors Needed
Franklin County Children Services' volunteers and mentors are everyday heroes in the lives of our youth. For information on volunteering with FCCS call (614) 275-2690 or click on the link below.
Check Out Accent on Kids
The Winter 2015 edition of Accent on Kids is now available. Features include: Help Children Through Holiday Wish, New Reeb Center Assists Families and Agency Youth Finds Healing Through Art.
Support FCCS Children with Holiday Wish
For more than 50 years, Holiday Wish has brought the magic of the holidays to children served by Franklin County Children Services. Each year, the central Ohio community provides gifts for more than 5,500 children who may have experienced abuse, neglect or other difficult home conditions. In some cases, these are the only gifts that these children will receive all year. You can help make the holidays special by participating in several ways:
- Sponsor one or more young children at $40 each
- Sponsor one or more older youth at $50 each
- Make a monetary donation of any amount to sponsor any youth online by clicking here. You can also write a check to Franklin County Children Services Children’s Fund and send it to Holiday Wish at 855 W. Mound Street, Columbus Ohio 43223.
- Donate new, unwrapped toys of any kind. Click here for a list of popular items.
- Request a speaker to give a presentation about Holiday Wish at your next event. Click here to submit your request.
Now through December - Holiday Wish
855 W. Mound Street
Help make holiday wishes come true for children under the care of FCCS! Call Holiday Wish at (614) 275-2525. For more information or to donate:
December 8 - Holiday Wish Radio Toy Drive
Magic 106.3 and Power 107.5 will be doing live remote broadcasts from Holiday Wish headquarters, during which they’ll interview donors, staff and volunteers who work hard to make the holidays bright for agency children.